Angela’s Apprisals: my take on keeping you apprised of cool stuff in the world of SEWING.
- Sewing for a boy? There’s lots of fabric 50% off at the Fat Quarter Shop. Pirates, camo, and stripes galore.
Did you know that there are TONS of helpful sewing videos on YouTube? Here are two of my recent favorites:
Glue Basting Your Seams by Cristy Fincher
- This post on the Oliver + S blog really makes color blocking look easy: Color Blocking 101
- Craftsy is having a Sweet Summer Sale for a few days only, ending 7/21/13. A different selection of classes will be on sale up to 75% off each day! Classes cover quilting, cake decorating, sewing, knitting, fine art, embroidery, crochet, jewelry, and more. The fine art category is new – which is SO cool!
- The Hawthorn Sew-Along and Contest by Colette Patterns is underway, from 6/26/13 – 7/29/13. The grand prize winner will receive a $250 gift certificate to Hart’s Fabric and a prize package of Amy Butler fabric, including sateen, velveteen, rayon, oilcloth, and canvas. Wow!
- Zakka Along 2.0 by Debbie of A Quilter’s Table and Lindsey of LR Stitched is also underway, from 6/3/13 to 10/7/13. It’s a 19-week Sew Along, stitching each project in the book Patchwork, Please! by Ayumi Takahashi. I have this adorable book, and may be joining in on the Sew Along fun in September 🙂
- 100 Quilts for Kids Charity Quilt Drive by Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt is going on 7/1/13 to 9/30/13. If you’re a quilter and want to use your talents for a good cause, check this out!
How to Sew Perfect Hems Using Tagboard Templates by Linda Lee via Craftsy