Angela’s Apprisals: my take on keeping you apprised of cool stuff in the world of SEWING.
- As always, the sale section at the Fat Quarter Shop has some pretty nice finds. Here are my favorites in a Vine video. Are you on Vine?
— Angela Bowman (@angelabdotme) March 6, 2013
- It’s so annoying when an elastic waistband gets twisted, huh? The folks at Oliver + S shared a simple fix – Elastic Waistband Trick!
- Here’s an easy way to press a tube’s seam allowances open, again from Oliver + S. Sewing Tips and Tools: Dowel
- An insanely simple and clever way to add a 1/4″ seam allowance – tape two pencils together! Tools of the Trade: Add a Seam Allowance via Five Green Acres.
- Sunni of A Fashionable Stitch shares two methods of how to trace sewing patterns in her post How to Trace Sewing Patterns. Her favorite is method #2, and I must agree, after watching her cute video!
Check out this video by Cre8time, a campaign of the Craft and Hobby Association. The first line hooked me in.
To support this campaign, Jo-Ann Stores launched the Create With 8 Contest, part of their Creativity Made Simple initiative. Did you read about it in Jo-Ann’s weekly ad? (btw, am I the only person that carries a Jo-Ann ad in my purse at all times?) Here’s the scoop:
• Participants use 8 supplies to create a fun, simple craft for the chance to win $1,000 in Jo-Ann gift cards!
• The contest is open from March 1-31.
• There are two ways to win and four $250 gift cards are up for grabs.
• Two winners are selected by a panel of Jo-Ann expert judges, so get creative to impress the best of the best!
• Two winners are also selected by popular vote on Facebook, so share, share, share your craft!
To help you get started, Jo-Ann’s sent me a coupon to share with you, so you can start gathering your supplies.